8th December 2021
Don’t be a Christmas Casualty!
Christmas is coming and we're all getting busy in the kitchen! Our parties are in full swing and we're all getting into the Christmas spirit...
Did you know that many of the festive food items we enjoy can potentially be dangerous to our pets? If your pet ingests an item on the list below, we may recommend bringing them down to the clinic for treatment. With foods containing raisins, grapes or chocolate, we will often make your pet sick to try to stop the offending item from causing any more bother. Very fatty foods can be too rich for our furry friends, leading to tummy upsets and a major clean-up operation, which no one needs on Christmas morning!
For some of our furry friends, it's not just the food we need to worry about! Childrens' toys can be very tempting to a puppy who likes to chew! Tinsel and fairy lights can seem like play things for cats but, if swallowed, can cause an obstruction.
Make sure you keep all dangerous items well out of reach of your furry friends and keep your Christmas as stress free as possible for the whole family!